Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Thais-ism


I really should be packing but I had to tell this story quickly:
So, today I asked Thais to clean up her play-room, and although I tell her one job to do at a time, like 'first pick up the blocks and then I will come check'...she finds this job ridiculously overwhelming. Finally after a few attempts she came in my room exasperated and our conversation played out like this:
Thais: Mama please come help me!
Me: No Thais, I told you exactly what to do and you are a big girl and can do it!
Thais: Please Mom! Do you remember Mary Poppins? She always helped out the kids!


Oh man! I laughed for a good ten minutes over that one! I didn't even realize she had ever seen Mary Poppins! She has a good point though, so I guess I am off to the play room, I will throw my hair up in a bun and maybe as I snap my fingers my little Thaisy will magically find picking up the playroom an incredibly fun game! Here's Hoping :O)

4 comments:

Alisa said...

That's hilarious...I love the funny things kids come up with. Have fun on your trip, we'll have to have Thais over again soon, Ella told me yesterday she is her favorite! :)

Mindi said...

That is darling!!

Crystal said...

Haha...yeah Jayden and Kjersti insist on help too.

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

So funny! She is smart as a whip :) That's one of the reasons we love that little lady sooo much.