Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dark Knight was dark (go figure)

I'll start of by giving points to this movie by saying that I did end up staying awake through the whole thing, so that either means it was highly entertaining or I was terrified to fall asleep during the movie and dream of Joker cunningly using "pencil" tricks on me (you have to see that movie to appreciate that one). I thought Heath ledger's performance was flawless. I find that when you truly despise a character in a movie then the actor has done a remarkable and very believable job. That being said, the movie was too dark for me.. It was significantly darker than Batman Begins and I found myself wishing that the movie would just end. Most of my favorite movies are not happy, feel good shows (Last of the Mohicans and Legends of the Fall to name a few) but I've found that after becoming a mother (especially when I'm pregnant) I can't handle the violent and the disturbing. Jordan and I watched Hotel Rawanda when I was pregnant with Thais and I think I bawled for like two hours afterward. Poor Jordan! I wasn't the best person to see this movie with (he said most of the time he looked at me I wouldn't even be looking at the screen). I think he would have had more fun going with a bunch of guys who would appreciate that darn pencil scene. I don't think I will be watching this again anytime soon!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm not into dark movies! Josh went with my dad, clayton and nicole. Your Utah trip looked fun!

Rachel said...

Amen to that, see my post on the movie it is similar. Hated it! It must be a mom thing, my mom despised it!

Draper's said...

It was so dark. Matt thought I was crazy but I totally agree with you.