Monday, August 25, 2008

A wonderful Birthday!

I have to give it to my husband, he pulled off an awesome birthday for me this year! We decided to celebrate my birthday on Friday, rather than Thursday, because of work. So I woke up Friday morning to Thais running into my room yelling, "Come get waffles Mama, It's yummy!" Jordan made me a wonderful breakfast complete with eggs, waffles, bacon and hot chocolate and there was a really sweet card that talked about how this August marks nine years that we've known each other and nine years since our first kiss(this will be important later). So, that night, Jordan told me we were going out for dinner and much to my surprise, he took me to Pima College (a Junior College by my old apartment where we used to play basketball) and there on the courts was a table( with rose petals and all) set up for dinner in the exact place we had our first kiss nine years ago. He had his young men wait on us and they were so cute about the whole thing..It was awesome!




We were offered White or Red sparkling Grape Juice..




Through out dinner, the boys each brought me a pink rose (9 total).



Here I am with all of our outstanding "waiters." Thank you Jordan for a wonderful birthday :O)

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! I'm glad it was such a great day.

Carbonneau said...

how fun!! So I was reading this to Chris and telling him how CUTE it is...lol he said "MAN! JORDAN! we are gonna have to talk..." lol too bad I don't think it is to get ideas. ;)
Happy Birthday Danielle, I am glad it was a fun one!

Brian and Janette said...

Okay, so it probably doesn't mean much now, but Happy Birthday. I DID remember you on your birthday...I was at work and thought, "I need to remember to call Danielle today and wish her happy birthday..." But then, after 12 crazy ER hours...I totally spaced it. Every day since then, I've remembered and thought, "I need to call"...yeah, well, can I claim "placenta brain"? Or, am I just a lame friend? Anyway, sounds like you had a good one despite my neglect. Love you!

Charity and Crew said...

How sweet! You have a real keeper there. I'm telling you, not all guys go all out to make your day a special one and remember special moments that happened years before- a bonus! I'm glad you had such a memorable birthday, you deserve it. You are such a fabulous person. Happy belated birthday!!

The 5 Nelsons said...

The pictures are so cute! We always knew Jordan had that romantic streak in him... ever since his serenade at your wedding. :-) Of course, Tim always says, "Man, Jordan's making me look bad again." :-) You deserved to have an awesome celebration of your big day.

2MyGirls said...

Happy Birthday D! What a wonderful birthday surprise.

Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday!

Anna Elledge said...

Happy Birthday!!! Oh, good ol' pima college. It seems like we had so many memories there. What a great idea he had. You're looking great by the way.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday!! Jordan is really sweet for planning that.

I had Tyler read this post. He can bearly remember the day of my birthday.

Mindi said...

Aw, so cute! Hope you had a good day, it was so fun chatting with you, it's like we never skipped a beat!

Draper's said...

Cutest husband, that is so sweet!! Happy Birthday!!

Mom Marilynn said...

oh my thoughtful son - everybody else is going, hey man, cute that out, it really puts the pressure on, reminds me of days of yore, he always was a very considerate boy and he loves you so much! Good job Jordan!