Remember the scene in Notting Hill, where everyone competes for the last brownie by telling how sad their lives are? Well, if we were telling sad motherhood stories I think I would win the brownie today. I will spare everyone the long details, but the short version goes something like this:
Danielle attempts to shop with two tired kids.
Thais is running around, crazy, all over the store.
Danielle is holding her crying baby while desperately trying to find her three year old.
Danielle puts extremely agile baby in car seat unbuckled to grab the running three year old.
Danielle turns to the sound of a piercing cry, baby has rolled out of the car seat in the stroller, and is face down on the floor.
Baby now has swollen bloody lips and blood pouring from his nose.
Danielle, Thais and Skyler all have a really good cry in front of all fellow shoppers.
I totally win that stinkin' brownie!
17 comments:
Danielle, if I could give you a dozen brownies I would. That sounds awful and I think I would cry too....you're scarin' me here -- i had a glimpse into my future, yikes! :)
oh my gosh, so sad!!! I can't believe he rolled out of the cart! Is he okay? Poor boy. Poor you, you deserve carmel turtle a la mode brownie!
Hmmmmmm, i think that Skyler actually should get the brownie. Nice try though! :)
Danielle, I am so sorry. That is terrible. What a bad day.
Props to you for going shopping with both kids, I know the craziness that goes on with both kids, especially so close together, so as sad as the story is I must admit it sounds rather familiar. I've actually cried in the middle of Target with both of my kids crying before, we must have been such a sight. But it makes you stronger as a mom, so enjoy the brownie today, because it won't be you earning it tomorrow.
How awful! I think you deserve a blizzard for that one! Tomorrow is a brand new day and can't be worse! Love you lots!
Oh you totally win!! Sounds like you had a bad day. Here's to today being better!
:( so sorry! remind me to tell you what happened to Chris at Walmart...it might make you feel better...lol or at least know we understand! :)
That is so funny! Not the part where you were stressed out, but the part where you earn that brownie! I feel your pain and can definitely relate!
I'm going to make you some brownies right now! Remind me to tell you about my complete break down in the dr.s office when I was pregnant with Jadie. Hope Skyler is feeling better :)
Oh my goodness! I should've posted where I was ironing sunday clothes and I turned around and Jack grabbed the FRONT of the iron, I think I deserved a brownie for that one too!
oh it was so painful to read this because we have all had one version or another of it! Did he fall out of a grocery cart or the stroller? Either way, I know your heart was broken! Don't worry, he will forgive you! Your husband is ample evidence of that! Everyone in the emergency room knew him on a first name basis!
Danielle- This must have happened after I saw you. I am so sorry for little Skyler and you. That day I swore I would NEVER take my 3 kids to Walmart alone again. Kids and Walmart are not a good combination.
Oh no! I'm so sorry. I've had a horrible incident with a baby in a stroller too--ask me about it sometime, it will make you feel a little better and I might get to split that brownie with you!
That is a sad day! But we have all totally been there. You're not the worst mom... just a mom, and luckily kids seems to always bounce back. But you should still definitely get a really yummy brownie! :-)
When Abby was 4 months old I started to unbuckle her from her infant car seat while getting her out of the car. Then my neighbor shouted hi from across the street. Forgetting she was unbuckled as I was in conversation, I yanked the carseat out from the base. Abby went falling headfirst into the cement. She still has a mark on her head from that. I think I cried for like 4 hours, and cringe remembering that moment. I am sorry for your really bad day. Maybe you should go eat that brownie!
Oh poor Skyler. That is the worst feeling I know from experience. It is amazing what kids can bounce back from. And we are the ones that remember more! I say Brownies for everyone!
Post a Comment