
I don't know how many of you follow the blog 71 toes, if you don't...do! It's a gem. One of the things that I love is she does this focus report where she picks a "focus" for the year and then one for each month. So for example, she picks things to work on like being a better listener or spirituality and some months it's family meals, or laundry. I love the idea of being focused. It changes how you go about your days/weeks when you have a specific goal in mind. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I think about all of the ways I want to be better and it helps to make a list of all of these ways and then "focus" one thing at a time.
I put the logo Always Improve on my blog header because that is my focus during this 30th year of mine (I like going by my birthday and not always the new year). Always Improve is part of our family mantra (I will post more about that later) and I like that it makes the statement that we don't have to be the best, nor do we have to be perfect, but we can always be improving. I have not decided how I want to do this, whether I want a monthly or weekly or even daily focus, but I am going to use this blog partly to report my progress. According to my tracker thingy I only have 8 followers on this blog-so I am sorry to say my dear 8 followers, this may not be exciting (not that anything else I post really is) but I kind of have this feeling that I am going to come out all the better. Some things I want to improve on are:
Beautifying the home
Piano
sewing
photography
motherhood
working out
politics
spirituality
family fun
perspective
organization
following through
being intentional
friendship
yikes! I know, I know. I have my work cut out for me. It's a good thing life is long time....
Wish me luck!
6 comments:
Awesome! just remember one of my favorite quotes, "Life is not a race!" it's a journey!
Don't count whose life you are changing by the amount of followers... you have always been a huge influence to me since we were in the 3rd grade and BEST FRIENDS, riding bikes to your cousins house, playing under the huge pine tree in your back yard, making root beer icecubes, and getting pictures taken with matching outfits and side-ponytails. I look up to you. Thanks for this post! Love you.
p.s. Do you have the book we made? The Mosquito?
That's a great goal! I never actually got to talk to you on your birthday to wish you a happy day! It sounds like you were partying it up for the whole month though so I'm sure it was a great b-day. I can't believe you are 30! Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead of you. I am wondering though how you are planning to improve on politics? I think a certain couple of girls in our family are hoping that means that you see the light and turn Democrat but I don't think that is what you meant by that:) BTW, I love the princess and the frog post! That little guy is tiny. So cute.
I may not follow your blog by being a follower but you are on my blog list and I check everytime you update :) It was so wonderful to see you last weekend! I love hearing your thoughts and reading them!
I love your family mantra! That truly is what life is all about--to make ourselves a little better than we were yesterday (or last year) and to help this next generation be just a little better than our own. I wholeheartedly believe in only tackling one or two improvement projects at a time. Too much more than that blurs our focus and can make us feel overwhelmed. You've got quite a great list here...and you're already great at so many of those so I'm really excited to see your improvement!
Post a Comment