I love manger scenes! My mom bought this African nativity from a charity organization a few years back, to give to Jordan because of his love for the many countries in Africa. It has become our favorite Christmas decoration to unwrap each year and I look forward to having this on display in my home. I love its simplicity. I think it is truly fitting to have had humble hands create the humble and sacred surroundings of the Saviors birth. The holidays are such a fun time of celebration, but with all of that celebrating it's pretty easy to get distracted. I find myself getting sooo caught up in the extras of Christmas - like should I buy Thais a Baby Alive doll or Target's American Girl knock off, or what am I going to wear to the annual Christmas party and what treats should I make the neighbors? It is just so darn easy to lose sight about what Christmas is really all about. But then I walk by this little manger scene and remember it's all about this picture right here- a lowly manger where a chosen daughter of God gave birth to a baby that would save us all. I am so grateful for this time to celebrate the birth of the Savior! I love him. I have felt the atonement work in my life and for that fact alone I have so many reasons to bask in the true meaning of Christmas...
Merry CHRISTmas from the desertmonsons :)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas as well. I feel this year has been much more Christ centered, at least for me. I wish we celebrated year 'round.
That's such a sweet post. I love that nativity set! How cool. Your kids look way too old and grown up in your last post. It makes me sad, but excited to see them next week!
Great food for thought Thanks friend :)
Post a Comment