Saturday, January 24, 2009

Canning

Jordan and I bought our year's supply a couple of years ago in bulk, and have quickly learned that the small cans are much more practical. Today we finally finished canning our entire year's supply...Hooray! (It was a lot of work)


Thais was an awesome helper pouring the wheat into the cans for us!



She even got to help Jordan push the button.
And on a seperate note, per Janette's request, here is a picture of Skyler facing forward so you can see how much he's changed. I still can't get over the red hair...Love it!



8 comments:

lacy lee said...

You are my hero! We are sooo in need of some food storage motivation! Maybe you can be my mentor... :)

brandonsbunch said...

Danielle, he is growing up. Hes so cute! Everytime I have seen him hes been asleep.
So do you guys have your own canner? How did you guys do that? Thats awesome.You'll have to let me know.

Brian and Janette said...

Oh...he's so cute! I want to squish those cheeks. And all of that hair! Our little guy is just fuzz. We can't wait to see you guys again. We're moving back this week...oh, and, I've found a 1/2 marathon. May 2nd...in Prescott...still up for it?

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, he is such a stinkin' cutie!! I can't get enough of that little man! Thais looks like such a great little helper canning too! You guys are awesome, I totally need to borrow the canner and get that done. Yeah for Cleveland plans:)

Emily said...

You guys are awesome!! I bet you sleep so much better at night knowing you have your year supply.

And that little boy of yours is so dang cute!

Danielle said...

Laura,
You can rent the canner from the cannery here in Tucson, or i've heard that our ward actually owns one...

Mom Marilynn said...

oh I was blown away by little man! I love his red hair and he has changed so much! He is beautiful, just like his sister! Good job canners! Now where are you going to store it all in your house?

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog, I've kind of slacked off about keeping it updated. Your little boy is so adorable and you just got to love all that hair! Congrats.