
For those of you who haven't read this book, you must it's awesome, and reminds me of my day yesterday. I have at last attempted my very first shopping trip with Two Kids. For those of you with more than two kids, I probably sound like a nerd, but I have been dreading taking both the kids out on a long trip. For those Trader Joes fans out there, you know it is not exactly a great store for kids. It's always crammed full of people, many from the geriatric community, and they give the crustiest looks every time your kid, or you for that matter, get in their way. So this post is to tell you all that we survived. Thais only ran out of the store twice while I was checking out. Skyler kept his sweet cries down to a level that didn't raise too many crusty looks from my elderly friends, I didn't raise my voice even once, and I only ended up spending about 10 bucks extra for the little items that Thais threw in my cart while I wasn't looking. All in all it was a pretty successful day and I totally feel like more of a woman for having conquered it!
13 comments:
http://heatheranddavidsforeverfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/llama-llama.html
I LOVE this book! I'm glad you survived, but I am planning to not ever leave the house come summer with new baby, my 1 1/2 year old and my 2 1/2 year old niece... at least not unless it's totally necessary.
Way to go Danielle-y! I have been thinking about you guys a ton this past two days. I've been wondering about your sweet boy and how big he must be getting. I'm also ready to start the training for our 1/2 marathon...it was a rather glutenous holiday season!
I have not kept up with blogging lately, so this is a very late: Congratulations! Your little boy is beautiful. Hope you are doing well. Good luck with the grocery shopping--every mom dreads it.
Good Job Danielle. Ellie is almost 4 months old and I am still afraid to leave the house. But you don't sound like a nerd because I would say that 2 is HARDER than 4. Now, instead of being the one to run off, McKayla is very helpful and can run after Bree while I stay with Ellie and the cart.
I must read that book. I am like you, I hate going to the store with two. There is always whining, complaining, demanding, crying, yelling, ... then the potty breaks, peoples looks, comments made ... the stress level is high. And that's just from Andy! (completely joking just thought you would like a good laugh.) Now when I go by myself to the store, Andy always has to call to see if I am okay. I generally hate shopping, but now use it as an escape!
We are gonna have to check out that book. Looks so cute!
Good job on your venture out with both kids! It's not usually very fun and it sounds like you handled it like a pro!
That little guy of yours is just gorgeous! I couldn't stop staring at him during Sunday School on Sunday.
Congratulations!!!!!It's always so hard to take kids to the store!
Good job! I still dislike taking both kids shopping and Hailey's 9 months now. Not fun, but necessary sometimes. Sounds like everything worked out!
You are awesome for surviving the first outing with an extra body. Today Mya almost ran down an escalator at Barnes and Noble while I was trying to get Linden to listen to me. An old man that worked there gave me a pretty dirty look like I was the worst mom. WHATEVER!! I'm sure you were amazing at Trader Joes. I've found that the icees at Target are the best thing ever. I'll pay $2 anyday to keep my kids quiet.
When Devan was 2 and Liz was a baby, I invested in a toddler leash. I would tie Devan to the side of the cart and left Lizzie in the car seat on top. I think it's the main reason Devan is alive today! He was a runner. With the leash, he could only run as far away as the leash would allow him. Luckily, at that time we lived in Utah, and people only commented on what a smart idea it was. Here in Tucson, people would probably call you on child abuse! :-)
That is a huge accomplishment D! That is so scary the first time venturing out alone with two kids! That is funny that old people go to your TJ's I rarely see an old timer in ours, I think they think it is too yuppy for them:)
I think ours has a lot of old people because it's in Oro Valley, which is mainly a retirement community.
Good job Danielle. I know you will never take me up on it no matter how many times I tell you.BUT really you can drop them off here if ever you just wanna get it done quick. Im proud of you, you'll laugh later when youve figured it out and youve become a pro.:)
Post a Comment