If at first you don't succeed....
I am NOT a baker, so on my Bucket List I have a goal to be able to make bread. I'm talking like amazing, melt in your mouth loaves, that my children will talk about with awe as they reminisce on their mother's skills. The first picture below (exhibit A) was the goal; a nice thick loaf that I was dying to eat today with butter and Raspberry Jam.Exhibit A
Exhibit B is what I produced.You should all be hearing the failure tune (wah, wah, wah, wah)in your heads. Try, try again, right?!
Exhibit B
6 comments:
Well, how does it taste? That's what matters! I don't profess to be a bread-making queen or anything, but my mom sure makes some delicious bread and I've taken the time to learn a few tricks from her. So, if you'd like, maybe we can get together one day and make some bread. I have a wheat grinder. Oh, and a lot of the time, it really isn't the baker, it's the quality of wheat (if you're making it from scratch, that is). Anyway, I'm proud of you for trying. There are few things better than a fresh loaf of homemade bread. Mmm...where's the butter and honey?!?!
Awwww...I know what you mean, a sister is our ward make the best melt in your mouth pillow soft rolls.... i tried to make them and they werent so pillowy soft, and they crunched more than they melted in your mouth. But David still ate'em!! :)
Janette,
I would love to get together and make bread! Let me know when is a good time :O)
Oh sad! I have a foolproof amazing wheat bread recipe if you want it. The key with bread is good yeast and timing! Don't worry D, you can do it!
Dont give up - keep trying! I have a great bread recipe too if you want to try it - its my mom's and you dont have to have a bread machine or mixer or anything.
I feel your pain Danielle.I can make a really good loaf of white bread but wheat has been a challenge for me. Ive tried several times to grind my own wheat with my manual wheat grinder and then make the bread. Ive given up for awhile. Once you really get it you will have to come teach me.:)
Post a Comment