Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Story Jordan's Family Will Appreciate!



Jordan has this loving pet name for his family members when he is giving them a hard time and that is to call them "Big Dogs". So examples of what Jordan might say to his family are, "who ate all of the left overs you Big Dogs?" or "Johnny Long Legs isn't the only book I've read you Big Dogs!" Well apparently, Thais has picked up on her Father's lingo with only one minor exception; she thinks Jordan is saying Duck instead of Dog and has now taken to calling everyone a "Big Duck." When I asked her where she learned to call people a duck she said, "Daddy says it!" Here are just a few examples of what we've heard in the past few days:

Jordan: (while in front of guests) Thais go do this for me please.
Thais: (also in front of guests) Okay, you Duck.
Guests: Did she just call you a Duck????

Thais's Friend: (just said something silly, I don't remember what is was)
Thais: (while laughing) Ahh, you're funny you Big Duck!


Jordan and I just discussed this recent addition to our daughter's vocabulary tonight and we decided it's probably not a good idea for Thais to go around calling her parents (and everyone else for that matter) Ducks. So we agreed that we were going to work on getting her to stop. Little did we know she was listening intently to our conversation and she announced right before family prayer, " I am not going to say Duck anymore....Or butt!"


She's a character I tell ya!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

hahahah - oh Thais! So stinking cute!

Mindi said...

Aw, that's cute! I'm also working on Josh with what he is teaching my 2 1/2 yr old...Oh daddy's!

Brian and Janette said...

Never a dull moment with that little gal around! That girl has an imagination like none other.

Rachel said...

LOL!!!! I seriously died laughing when I read this! She is so hilarious. I love the Johnny Long legs example too:) Oh man that girl just gets funnier and funnier.

Christina said...

That is so cute! She will love to read it when she gets older. It is funny what they pick up on!:)

Mom Marilynn said...

Oh I love that girl!!! What a great story! Bottle that personality and you could make millions!