Sunday, March 30, 2008

Elmo Birthday Bash

My friend Jenn and I decided to celebrate our kids birthday's together this year because they are only a couple of weeks apart. We decided Elmo would be a great boy/girl theme and would be really easy..




This is a banner I made for the party. I was just impressed that my mess of red construction paper actually turned out looking like Elmo!





Jayden, with the two birthday kiddo's. Jenn found these darling Birthday Girl and Birthday Boy badges at Target. They both felt SO cool when we pinned them on :O)



Jenn made these adorable Elmo cupcakes...



Thais totally snuck one early!



I had to laugh because this is what the poor cupcake looked like after Thais got hold of it. How creepy is cyclopse Elmo!




For activities we had painting...



Food..





And a pinata! Funny Story: Thais didn't really love the pinata. She gave Elmo a couple of light taps when it was her turn, and then she got really sad as she watched the bigger kids beating the crud out of Elmo. She went up to my friend Nadia and said, "Elmo, sad?" My friend told me later that she looked really worried about Elmo and was so sad he was being hit. I love what a tender heart Thais has!


Singing Happy Birthday!



The party Planners!


I just love my Birthday Girl!

7 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Wow! I can hardly believe that Thais is already 2! She is so cute and we can't wait to play this July at the reunion.

Brian and Janette said...

So proud of your awesome banner and cupcakes! You creative genious! Thais is so cute....I miss her...I'm sure she's grown leaps and bounds since we were all together last!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Thais! Hey I found your blog through the Moon's site. Its fun to see how you're doing. You guys look great.

Rachel said...

Cute! I wish we could have been there!! YOu girls did an amazing job. I love the cupcakes and way to go on the banner, it totally looks like an elmo you would buy at the store! What a cute story about Thais getting worried about poor beat up Elmo:) We miss cute Thais. Only 6 weeks!!!

Sarah said...

Hi Danielle
What fun! You are so creative. Thais is darling and looks so big in the pictures :) It looks so nice and warm there, I hope we end up close to you guys next year!

NewBini said...

Ha! I love the quirky little Elmo cupcakes!!! What a hit this party was!

The 5 Nelsons said...

Yay! The pictures totally remind me of how fun the party was! I love the picture of Jay with the two little Birthday kiddos. Still can't believe our babies are two, but so glad we got to celebrate together. :-)