Sunday, May 10, 2009

"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother"-Abraham Lincoln




I wish my mom was with me today so we could enjoy a cup of Calli Tea together, and I could praise her for all of the wonderful things she has done for me. Many who read this blog may not know my mom; and even those who do may not know the countless virtues of my mother. To the outside view she appears to have a quiet reserve about her, but to those (like me) who are privileged to know her best, know what a humorous,wonderfully quirky, and beautiful person my mom really is. My favorite of all her virtues is that she has a quiet wisdom about her, and so many times she softly teaches me valued and important lessons. One such lesson was taught to me in high school. There were several occasions I came home from school unjustly wounded (or so I thought)and I would turn to my mom in confidence vowing that this time, my self esteem would never recover. My mom would always start by saying something like, "oh Danielly, I just think you are wonderful" but before I could protest too hard, she would always remind me that true self worth only comes through a close relationship with Heavenly Father. She taught that I needed to focus more on what God thinks, rather than anyone else in my life. I can honestly say that through out my life I have taken that advice to heart. It's not that I don't have moments where I feel unjustly wounded, but because of the advice of my mom, I internalize things much differently and I never lose sight of who I am. Mom, I can't tell you how priceless your wisdom has been for me! You've always been my biggest fan and I know that Heavenly Father gave me the perfect mother for me.

Happy Mother's Day, Mother Teresa :O)


3 comments:

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

Mutt was in charge of picking a quote to hand out at church along with a sugar cookie and this is the exact quote that he chose...so all the moms in the ward got this quote yesterday- what a crazy coinsidence!! We loved it too!! I hope you had a great mother's day and are doing good in your new little place!!

Grandma Julie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. I don't know here but I was touched. Hope you are having fun with my daughter. Give Alethia a hug for grandma.

Danielle said...

I am having so much fun with your daughter! Alethia is so BEAUTIFUL, I am excited to watch her grow for a few months :O)