On a side note, Jenn has introduced us to the art of "Dating In." Jordan and I take turns planning dates and the trick is if you are going to have a date night at home you really have to work on making it feel like a legit date. A few secrets are:
1) Put the kids to bed early. Skip late naps or do whatever you have to do to make sure you can get them down at a decent hour. We put Thais down at 7:00pm which is a little early but she just plays make believe in bed with her stuffed animals and then falls asleep around 8.
2) Dress up for it. Jordan came home this weekend and I looked like I had just rolled out of bed so he took the kids for 45 minutes while I spruced up for my man.I would have never headed out for a date looking like that pre-marriage so it's important to put the same effort in after you're married :O)
3) Pick an activity where you get to talk and connect with your spouse. It's tempting to just watch a movie when dating from home, but try making an effort to be creative and do things that allow for quality time. I loved our date that Jordan planned this week-end because it gave us time to talk and catch up on things we needed to discuss at the end of a busy week. We lit candles and talked over a spread of imported cheeses and then we played Yahtzee ( I always kick Jordan's Trash...so who doesn't love that!). Then, after the dating part, we ended with a movie!
4) Make the effort. Like all things in life it just takes a little discipline to make it work. We are loving not having to spend a fortune on paying to go out all of the time and after Jordan's been gone all week we are finding that it's nice to be home together....
Thanks again Jenn for the Idea! We Love it :O)
6 comments:
What a great idea to get dressed up for your date! I love that the two of you played yahtzee. I'm going to have to schedule a home date that is just a little bit more "real" this weekend.
Cute. We never have time to go out anymore, with a 2 1/2 year old and with me huge pregnant, it's hard to get out! This sounds fun!!
GOOD IDEA!
That is such a great idea! I love it thanks for sharing!
Sounds fun! Our date night took us out to see Avatar. After all of Jordan's ranting and raving about this movie, we couldn't go another week without seeing it. Thanks for all the tips on fun dates...and good movies!
What a great idea!!!
Post a Comment