
I am craving a newborn so bad I can hardly stand it! I know not everyone is a fan of the newborn stage, but I adore it! I love how tiny they are, I love their soft skin, I love having one in my arms, and I love how with newborns I feel closer to heaven because with them the veil is so thin. Looking at this picture makes me want to cry because I feel like that baby is gone forever and I want her back in my arms! Not that I would EVER trade having my almost four year old girl, but like I said, I adore the baby stage and with my kids it just doesn't seem to last long enough!
I know there is a cure to this baby craving of mine, but there is only one problem: These sweet little babies grow. They ransack my makeup and spread blush all over the bathroom tile. They talk back, and point out that I don't handle their talking back very well. They beg for cereal and "babas" before 6 am every morning. They start walking at 10 months at which point they instantly and inconveniently declare their freedom (sacrament meeting is the worst for this). There is potty training to consider, teething, late nights and last but not least...the dreaded 60 lbs I seem to gain with each pregnancy.
And yet...at the end of the day, I have stars in my eyes when I think about how much I love my children. They are undoubtedly two of the coolest people I have ever met and I love discovering who they are and the many intricacies of their personalities. I love, love being a mom!
But will I love being a mother of THREE? I'm not going to lie I'm kind of scared!
11 comments:
So, since I'm first, I'll ask it...is this an announcement? I can totally relate to your love of newborns. I know some people don't like it...but I LOVE it...so sweet and such a special bonding time. I'm feeling the itch, too.
I'll admit it takes some getting use to but definitely worth it!
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not ready for number 5...but I would love to snuggle me a new born!!! :) LOVE the picture!
Your kids sound a lot like mine!! And I'm with you, those newborns make me swoon. I believe it's the way that the Lord makes it possible for us to keep having kids!! Love my toddlers, but the sweetness and spirit of a newborn makes a mom's life worth living! And in my experience three is no harder than two. Seems easier, actually. Shockingly. I think it's because when you go from one to two the skill set that you have to develop is as new as going from zero to one. But with number three it seems that you are just extending what you already learned with one and two and that the learning curve is so much easier. I don't think I'm being very clear. But I think you get what I mean.
Our #3 was a sweet surprise but I lived in fear for 9 months so when she was born and I realized that I had most of the skills I needed to cope with her addition to our family plus all of the capacity to love and adore her, it was a total bonus. All of the sweetness without all of the pain. I feel like I could do it again, even. My husband even said the other day that we should have more kids and soon. All on his own. And Penelope isn't even 6 months yet. Jaw drop. Baby #3 is good for all of us, I guess!
Anyways, thanks for the parenting reminders when I look at your blog, you are a great mom, ups and downs notwithstanding. Thanks!
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but everyone I've talked too has told me that 2 is harder than 1 and 3 is easier than 2, so keep that in mind! You already have a ready-made babysitter in Thais! P.S. 11 days for #2 to get here!
Three is not bad. I really don't think it is harder than two, in fact in a lot of ways my transition to 3 was much easier than to two. But everyone is different. I am so with you on the newborn stage. I LOVE it too! I wish it would last twice as long. And maybe baby number three won't have strong opinions and won't want to walk at 10 months:) Maybe
I think you need to have #3 so I can make you a blanket ;)
I'm having the same cravings you are but for #2! I loved the story about Thais and the cookies...totally made me cry! Such a sweet girl!
For what it is worth, two was way harder for me than three. I think by the time I had my third I was well broken in and things just seemed to flow. I also love the new born stage but can't bring myself to even consider one more;) Good Luck1
I love your thoughts. You express my emotions perfectly. I wish I had your beautiful gift of words and expression. Eventhough is been a very long time, I can't help but feel like I am blessed to know a little bit of your soul through your words. You are such a wonderful and greatful mother. All of the precious moments definetly out weigh the crazy ones. May the Lord bless you in all your talents and efforts. love ya.
Post a Comment