Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Haiti Project Was A Success!



In an effort to help Haiti, we decided to do a little project I called: Cookies For Haiti.


I was so touched by how many friends in our community and ward responded to help out with this. What we did was ask as many people who wanted to participate to bake a couple dozen cookies, so that they could be packaged and sold around our little neighborhood for $1- with 100% of the proceeds donated to Haiti. So many cute girls got to work baking and in the end we received over 30 dozen cookies!



Nicole, Nay, Jenn, Jamie and me getting all of the cookies packaged.



My friend Jamie's dad designed the little 'Cookies For Haiti' logo and it was the perfect touch to staple to our cookie packages! Thanks Jamie for heading that up!


The next day , after the cookies were all packaged, I dropped off cookies to the Matson's, the Prince's, and the Lafferty's so their adorable children could sell in other neighborhoods for us! Here is Thaisy's little shopping cart all loaded up so that Thais and her little friend Jaylee could sell together.



Our first sale was a breeze! The Bordens bought $5 worth...Thanks Morgan!



I loved Thaisy's Door approach, she would say, "May could you please buy some cookies for Haiti?" Who could resist two cute girls in pink???



While we were selling, we met up with the Matson kiddos who sold their basket of cookies in the first hour! We were more than happy to have them take some of ours and head out for round two! Thank you Matsons!!!



A little later Jenn and her boys came to help us finish the Job! We had so much fun letting the kids run around and get the last of our cookies sold!



Thais and Jay selling to one of our adorable customers! (Laura Hatch in the ward :O)



Autumn and her cute girl met up with us to bring us the proceeds from their sales! They made almost $60 alone!





In the end, with cookie sales and generous donations from some pretty awesome people..we made (drum roll please) **** $400 *****




We Love You Haiti!

13 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Great job! Wow!!

Crystal said...

You cease to amaze me! The earthquake in Haiti has really touched my life and I've been wondering on how to involve my kids and I think you came up with a perfect idea, if it's okay with you, I just might start a cookies for Haiti drive in our neighborhood.

Danielle said...

Crystal...I would love for you to do it! That would be awesome!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you guys raised 400$!! That is crazy! That is really cool that the kids got to be so involved with the project, that is so neat for them. I love Thais's outfits during selling:)

Mindi said...

That is awesome! Keep going...there's lots those kids can do to raise money!

Brian and Janette said...

You inspire me...so glad you're my friend!

Alisa said...

I'm so glad that everything was such a success. Loved all of the pictures of great people doing great things. Thanks for letting us be a small part of such a great idea!

Draper's said...

Way to go!! That is so great!!

Danielle said...

I know I could go on for a while, but I'll keep this short. I just wanted to chime in and say how proud I am of my beautiful wife! Honey, you never cease to amaze and inspire me. I promise I'll deserve you some day. I love you. Great job on such an inspired way of touching people's lives.

-Jordan

Emily said...

Danielle, This was such an amazing opportunity for so many. My kids will NEVER forget their experience of selling those cookies. I love that they got to see the goodness in people and the generosity of perfect strangers. It was really touching to see people donate so generously. Thank you for heading this up and for being a good example to so many. I plan on blogging about our experience and hopefully you don't mind me stealing that cute picture you took of my kids. Thanks again!

Mom Marilynn said...

Awesome post and idea! I was crying looking at the adorable pictures! Not just for the $400 but for the family involvement, the example you are to your children, the compassion and empathy you are teaching them AND the song that was a killer in the background!

Grandma Julie said...

How wonderful! You all did such an amazing job. I have told your story to lots of people here and they are looking at doing something also. Maybe you have started something bigger than you think to help those sweet children.

The 5 Nelsons said...

Danielle,
Boy am I glad that I decided to run track and cross country all those years ago. My life would be so different without you as my friend, a lot duller I would guess. You are not only the sister I've always wanted, but one of my best teachers, and I couldn't ask for a better example and "aunt" to my kids. I love you and am so grateful to come along for the ride on all of your inspired ideas. Way to go! You've made a difference to so many, not just in Haiti, but right here too.